add

Saturday 3 November 2018

Sometimes The One You Want Is The One You Can't Have


I just deleted the nudes a friend sent to me.

A lady he does not know had sent it with her number and he noted that this happens a lot.

"Have I acted or sounded desperate in anyway?" He asked.

I knew it was his British humour kicking in so I didn't bother with telling him that certain things come with being successful - you become a prey for desperate people who want all or at least a taste of what you have.

He responded with what I have come so used to hearing. It is me he wants and would pay any price to have. Any other alternative is simply annoying.

"Wanted you SO much! I'd have paid ANY price for it to be real. Still would." Is his response when I tell him to expect more nudes.

I have heard and known this for well over 5 years so much that I no longer get angry or end the conversation. I simply changed topic.

In another place and time it might have worked but now it wouldn't so as we conversed I recalled the saying 'the heart wants what it wants and there's no logic to it.'

I have learned that sometimes you can't explain why you are helpless when it comes to the way you feel about certain people even when they make it clear that they cannot be in your life.

Sometimes we want what we can't have and a few things hurt more than this because even if we go on to acquire material possessions and become 'wealthy' by the world's standards, there will be that void in our hearts that nothing and no one can fill. 

Being with the most sophisticated and gorgeous people wouldn't change the way we feel. And sometimes when we forget, just the sight of the person you have always wanted, triggers feelings that remind us once again of our helplessness with them.

I know people who are married but in their hearts have that one person they would give up everything for. It may seem foolish but sometimes that's what love makes us - FOOLISH mortals.

Love just doesn't care about your status or pedigree!

I have at certain points in my life wanted some people but to be honest, I look back and ask "what was I thinking?"

I honestly hope I never meet that 'ONE' person I want but can't have.
I hope I do not turn someday or walk into a room and see the one who captures my heart but would be forever elusive.
I hope that when I meet the one my heart wants at all costs, they are available and want me as much.

I hope it is the same for you.

I hope you do not miss someone else while you are with another.

I hope you do not settle with a person only to crave another's touch, kiss and warm embrace because I have lived long enough to understand that sometimes people settle for what is available in the absence of the desired.

If you want someone you can't have, it will hurt but please know that it in no way diminishes your worth.

I hope you understand that it is not your fault neither is it theirs, it's just life - some things can't be explained.

I also hope you find the courage and have enough faith to wait for 'what' you want and not settle only to have regrets later.

Most importantly, I hope that when you meet the one your heart wants at all cost, they want you too.

I hope they desire you as fiercely as you desire them, I hope the dependence is mutual and I hope they are willing to meet you halfway and fight to have that which is so rare today - a love that is cataclysmic yet tranquil, inexplicable yet reassuring, wild yet delicate.

A love that exists in an environment where criticism is given in a higher and judgement free environment, breaking your defenses yet protecting your secrets.

A love that strengthens you yet makes you vulnerable, supporting your growth while reminding you to reside in your truth and I hope you build a bond stronger than any blood tie, sealed with a commitment to complement each other's sweetness. 

I hope...

2 comments:

  1. Okiemute the finest when it comes to beauty, the well dressed when it comes to fashion, the thrilling and outspoken when it comes to journalism and now loading, a relationship writer. Well what I like about your write up so far is your ability to actual paint the picture of the actual happenings in life. Well, like you said such is life, we can't at all times get all we desire, especially when it is not the plan and purpose of God for our lives. But patience like you pointed out is one virtue we must hold on to in order not to miss it in this area of our destiny particularly in this our present age where desperation, peer and society pressure is taking its toll on our young ones. So I join you to say may we not end up marrying one and be desiring the kiss and touch of another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have put it better, we can't at all times get all we desire especially if it is not the plan and purpose of God for our lives and we must be patient so as not to miss it in this area of our destiny. Words of life.

      Thank you for the compliments Innocent, you have always had the nicest things to say and the journey to be in a relationship writer has behun...#ije

      Delete