add

Saturday 6 October 2018

Today She Is The Bride


Today she is the bride.

Today my friend of many years with whom I've laughed and cried is getting married to the love of her life.

Today in the presence of God, family and friends she will commit to love him faithfully come what may.

Today she will promise him that he has her heart for all of time.

Today they will vow to keep each other safe for all of their lives.

Today they will take a pledge to face the world together and I can't be there because I'm hundreds of miles away.

Today I wouldn't see my friend walk down the aisle even though we prayed and planned for this day.

Today I look back on the day I designed the dress I would wear, the dress that now sits in my box.

Today also, I remember the days we both prayed for growth.

God answered and today I am reminded that sometimes when God answers a prayer the outcome may not be convenient but it always works out for good.

Today I learn about trust. Trusting a God who seem to change your plans in response to your request.

Today I remind myself though that what seems like a change in plans is God realigning our lives for the best - we just need to trust and obey.

Today I learn that sometimes when God wants to work in us, he separates us from everyone and everything familiar so he can do what only he is capable of doing.

Today I understand that when God intervenes it may cause us discomfort but that temporary discomfort births a super comfy reality.

Today as my friend transits through being a BRIDE to being a WIFE, I stay content that though I wouldn't be there to celebrate with her I'll witness anniversaries, baby dedications and many other joyous occasions.

Today I am thankful that God heard our prayers and I am learning about faith, love and hope as I commit my future to God, again.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful.
    Congratulations to your friend. It's a good thing you couldn't make it because of positive change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o! Thank you so much and yes I am glad for growth. God does all things well.

      Delete
  2. "Today I remind myself though that what seems like a change in plans is God realigning our lives for the best - we just need to trust and obey.

    Today I learn that sometimes when God wants to work in us, he separates us from everyone and everything familiar so he can do what only he is capable of doing."
    There so much truth in these words, happy for your friend. Love is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned and still learning certain truths about God and the ways he works.

      Love is indeed a beautiful thing, the most beautiful thing in fact...Gracias!

      Delete