add

Wednesday 3 October 2018

Be Unforgettable, The World Is Watching!


"You are so pretty!" She seemed to be squealing and I smiled as I mouthed 'Thank you'.
She was heading for her car with a friend and they were both smiling but I had been too caught up in my thoughts to have noticed her.

There's something about being complimented by another Woman, I always take it to heart because I think we really mean it when we call another Woman beautiful.

As I walked on towards the office I thought about how sometimes we get caught up with living and are oblivious of the people around us, but they see us. 

This experience and another one I will share made me conscious of the fact that whether you know it or not, the world is watching.

This past weekend, I attended a Media Chat a former Vice President had with Members of the Press, Politicians and Members of his party. I arrived in time and took my seat away from the carefully selected crowd. I sat where I would be comfortable to walk out for interviews.
The session was about to begin and I sat minding my business, having switched to work mode and was turning off my phone when I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was the man sitting close to me.

"They are calling you" he said.
I raised my head to see a couple of people beckoning on me to move from my seat.
"Me?" I asked touching my chest and they nodded.
I looked away but was tapped again - this time almost everyone in the hall was looking at me.
Apparently the organisers noticed that a seat on the third row was vacant and they thought I should fill it.
"Why me?" I scanned the faces of those looking at me, they were seated closer to the front row and would easily have moved but it seemed a vote had been taken and I had emerged 'winner' so I heaved, got up, wore a wry smile and moved from my seat - I had to shuffle through to the new seat.

As soon as I sat down, the guys on both sides mouthed "your face will be good for the camera". I muttered inaudibly under my breath rolling my eyes.

After the event I stood scanning the crowd for a colleague I was to work with for my report when I heard a voice from behind.
"You are really shy" he said. I turned around to see an unfamiliar face, he had obviously noticed me too. I smiled as I asked, 'Why did you say that?'
"Its obvious and I'm sure everyone noticed." He said and added "But you are on TV so how do you explain being shy?"
'Oh well, when it's about work, I do it with heart.' I replied.
He laughed and we chatted for a few minutes before I moved on.
As I moved on, the smiles from some people proved that they really did notice me.

I notice people too everyday who may not see me and whether you know it or not, its the same thing for you - the world sees you.

So as you step out daily, be conscious of this fact and carry yourself with dignity.

Walk tall, dress well, sit well, hold your head up, the world is watching and it's up to you to make yourself unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment