add

Friday 28 September 2018

When It's Time To Vote, Choose You First - Before Any Party


The nation is agog with talk about the just concluded gubernatorial election in Osun state. The votes have been cast, a winner has been declared and everyone seems to have an opinion.
As I watched the announcement of the results, many parties had 0 votes and my mind drifted to a totally different issue.

I thought, what if a vote had to be cast about my life? What if men were to decide my fate - succeed or fail? What if it were up to mortals to decide whether I live or not? If it were up to people would I be here today? Would I be happy?

I honestly wouldn't answer yes to that. I honestly think if it were up to man, I would be long forgotten.
I am currently listening to Kirk Franklin's 'My life is in your hands', it's like an anthem for me and is a sure mood booster any day anytime. After all what alternative is there to God?

So let me ask you this and I need you to think deeply before you answer.

What if it were really up to man to decide your happiness quotient? What if a vote had to be cast about your life?

I am sure most people would not even bother showing up to vote, some others would vote against you just because they can while some others who may have voted for you would cast against you because everyone else is.
Only a few would stick with the decision to vote for you and go the extra mile see to it that their vote counts.

It is why you should never let anyone wield power over you. The only vote that really counts is yours.

You should appreciate the people in your life, some of whom may open you up to new levels of loving and living and bring you happiness like you never thought possible.
Still you shouldn't let them wield power over you. You should love people for love's sake and not because you need their validation. You should choose people who are good for your soul and not just to please others because it is in God's hands your life and fate lies.

He is the one before all others, the wind beneath your wings and his glory shouldn't go to anyone.

So keep the power and make sure that when it's time to vote, you choose you. No one should wield that power but you - and God.

2 comments:

  1. Today I will choose me, this is insightful. How do you get inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete