add

Saturday 29 September 2018

The Power Of The Pause


I paused as I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I do this every time I apply makeup - step back, study my face, touch up and smile. I never miss the smile part as it usually ends with 'Okiemute fine girl, you are beautiful and blessed'.

As I hurried out of the house to meet up with an appointment, I caught my reflection in the mirror and as I paused again I noticed that my lipstick seemed to have smeared - one would think I had just been kissed. I quickly wiped the sides of my lips and moved on.

That is the power of the pause.

It helps you see what you might have missed.

As a News Anchor, I know that it is important to know when to pause while telling a story to viewers and also when having a conversation, a sensitive person pauses to reflect on what is being said. So also once in a while in the middle of a busy life, it is imperative that we find time to pause.

Pausing will help you assess the events of your life, reevaluate your priorities and refuel for the journey.
Sometimes pausing helps you see if you are holding on to the reins of your life instead of letting God do it.
When you pause, you find time to give him permission to step in and help you handle life.

The power of the pause is usually underestimated but it is when you do that you find the time to breathe, restrategize and forge on.

Do you feel like your life is at a standstill?

It could be your PAUSE season, when you should equip yourself for the next season of your life.

The Power of the Pause is important in communication as well as in living.

It may be the best thing you do today - PAUSE, EVALUATE, PRESS PLAY...REPEAT!

2 comments:

  1. The power of the Pause. Dang! This is deep. Your words are deep Okiemute, you are refreshingly different. Well done.

    ReplyDelete