add

Saturday 29 December 2018

Life Isn't A Movie, Virgins Don't Always Marry Faithful Men


"Haba, what is happening?"

That was my reaction as the scene in the movie showing on TV unfolded before my eyes. The people who were exchanging blows and fighting the Kungfu kind of fight just seconds ago were kissing passionately before eyes.

"What happened?" I asked no one in particular. I was home alone.

"This is serious o." I said as they moved from kissing to taking off their clothes. I really didn't understand what was happening because I muted the volume of the TV and only glanced occasionally while typing on my phone and listening to music from my Playlist.
This kiss wasn't small o. The tonguing graduated to necking, heavy petting and just when my eyes widened in what would happen next as they took off their clothes, the scene ended - they let my imagination run wild at 12:24am. Izzit fair?

At that point I tried to check the movie info - title and synopsis - but it didn't show - I guess it is the network. I still do not know the storyline but as I watched on I reminded myself that life isn't a movie.
You can't always predict the outcome of an event.

In a movie you could be sworn enemies today and the next minute you are best friends probably kissing but in reality, you could be sworn enemies today and tomorrow they are trying to just end it all by killing you.
Wouldn't you run for your life, what are you doing? 

That's it, unless you are keeping company with God - the difference maker.
"Okiemute are you about to preach again?" I hear you ask.
"No, I am only reiterating the truth."

  have learned that unlike in movies, we can't always predict the future, the protagonist doesn't always defeat the antagonist. What that simply means is that the 'actor' doesn't always kill the 'boss' in the last fight - that resonates better right? Is there even a last fight in reality? We may have to ask Arnold Schwarzenegger.

In reality Cinderella has to turn her house girl skills to a cleaning business because no Prince wants a girl whose only attraction is a glass shoe she didn't even work for. Leave matter for Mathias abeg.

In reality the Black Panther would have died and stayed dead because there is no plant to bring him back. Wakanda nonsense fabu (it's how called Fable back in the day) is that?

In reality a Christian girl is still being held captive in Northeastern Nigeria because she refused to deny her faith.

In reality virgins do not always marry men who worship them and are faithful because sometimes all they have to offer is an 'unbroken hymen'. There's got to be more baby.

"Haba, they are kissing again o, this people. Chai, it is even more intense than the first scene and it's 12:41am. They have offed clothes o."

I need to close my eyes and that means I can't write anymore. Anyway before I go, remember that life isn't a movie.
Things may not always pan out as envisaged.

God is the only constant and there are no guarantees Sweetheart, none other but him.

No comments:

Post a Comment