add

Tuesday 30 June 2020

You, The Most Riveting Love Story


One word, with three letters spelling YOU,
Y and O and U, together culminating in YOU.
Like, why does the spinning in my head stop at the thought of YOU?
Oh the peace as the gbam-gbam-dum-dum stills because of YOU.

YOU, the lips that speak life to water and make me bloom.
YOU, the eyes that light up my path, watching me with love like a Groom.
YOU, the hands that hold me, guiding me through darkness.
YOU, the ears that listen while mortals slumber through night's stillness.

One word, with the letters Y and O and U to say the word YOU;
Father, Lover, Burden bearer, Teacher, Enigma, and Muse, YOU.
The mastermind constantly working wonders only you can do.
My safe place, praising YOU is my favourite thing to do.

Oghene ro fego - the God who is deserving of my worship
Agbani lagbatan - the one who delivers completely
Gaga n'ogwu - the God that walks on thorns
Yod Hay Waw Hay (YHWH) - the self existent one

YOU the most beautiful notes penned for music or poetry;
YOU, the most phenomenal and riveting love story.
YOU, the most remarkable event that happened to me;
YOU, a constant reminder that goodness, grace and mercy never left me.

2 comments:

  1. As always, beautiful writing! I see the rhyming, love it.
    Also the Onomatopoeia and alliteration in "gbam-gbam-dum-dum". Most of all, I see the most riveting story. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure know your LITERATURE! Poetry like T.S Elliot said can communicate before it is understood and I am mighty glad that I could communicate this riveting story with words. Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate.

      Delete