add

Tuesday 12 April 2016

The Road Trip: The Little Things Count


Buy me a Rose, call me from work, open the door for me why would it hurt...these are the little things I need the most in my life'
These are lyrics from Luther Vandross' song  'Buy me a Rose' and they express a lover's plea to their partner to show them love in the littlest of ways.

I recently fell ill and had to stay home from work. Having completed the prescribed medication, I resumed work as I thought that I had fully recovered but I was wrong as I collapsed before the close of work and had to be rushed to the hospital.
The Doctor said I needed to rest so I stayed home today - hoping to recover.
Then a friend visited and suggested that I go on a ride around town with him, I felt weak but took up his offer and we hit the road.
We drove round, had lunch at a nice restaurant, chatted, laughed, sang to songs on the radio and took the longer route back home.
By the time I got home, I felt refreshed, rejuvenated and strong - the trip, the sights, the jokes did what the Doctor's prescription couldn't do.
I feel stronger and I owe it to the simple gesture of taking a trip round town.

Oftentimes in life it's the simple things that count.

As a parent just taking time to tuck your child in bed may mean more than a hundred toys.
Calling up a friend just to know how they are faring could make a difference in their day.
Making time for family will create memories that will last a lifetime.
Buy a Rose for your partner or do something nice for them just because you appreciate them.
The little things we do are often what add up to become the big things and create memories that last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment