add

Wednesday 27 January 2016

THE CALL TO JUST TRUST!


I had to make a critical decision at the start of the year 2016. As a Christian, I have had my fair share of rising and falling in faith and constantly asking for forgiveness so at the end of the year 2015 I decided to commit fully to God -again-. For me it was not about making a new year resolution, it was just about living fully for God and holding nothing back because I realised that he has been the only constant factor in my life. I decided to just let him lead as he was still the one I ran to when all else failed, so when I had to make this critical decision, I had to not just trust him but also let him know I can be trusted. It was hard to decide but when you trust someone you believe and do whatever they tell you knowing that they will never mislead you.
In John 2:5, Mary spoke to Christ's disciples saying 'do whatever he tells you'. This was at the Wedding in Cana when the wine provided by the couple had run out and a solution was needed. Christ instructed his disciples to draw water from the pots where water meant for hand washing was kept and directed them to hand it to the Master of the ceremony to taste. The disciples could have fretted at the thought of drawing water from the pot in which water for washing was kept and handing it to the Master of the ceremony but they did not. They simply obeyed. This resulted in Jesus' first miracle...TURNING WATER TO WINE. The Master of the ceremony attested to the fact that it was better than the wine previously served.
This goes to show that sometimes God's instructions to us may not be in conformity with our plans and desires but we ought to remember that he wants only the best for us. Having heard the word we ought to act on it in faith and obey wholeheartedly. Obedience with complaints indicates halfheartedness and will result in us losing our blessings. Also when we obey in spite of our fears, we conquer those fears and our faith is strengthened. All that we desire is hidden in the word of God. You need no plan B with God, just trust that God wants you to succeed far more than you desire to succeed. It's still early in the year and I am steady in my resolve to trust and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment